Elementary Programs (6 to 12 Years Old)
The Elementary program is for students from 6 to 12 years old and is organized into two three-year cycles: Lower Elementary for 6 to 9 year olds and Upper Elementary for 9 to 12 year olds. As in the Primary classes, students spend all three years in the same classroom, building community with one another and deepening relationships with teachers. Elementary-aged children continue to learn through the use of concrete materials as they move gradually toward increasingly abstract thinking. The Elementary lessons and materials are multi-sensory, dramatic, and impressionistic, serving to ignite the imagination and curiosity of the students.
Lower Elementary (6 to 9 Years Old)
Lower Elementary: A defining period for intellectual exploration
- Our Lower Elementary program combines 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades in multi-age classrooms. This allows students to build social skills in a supportive, respectful environment and to stretch themselves academically—to their full potential.
- Hands-on math, science and language arts are the cornerstones of our comprehensive Montessori-based Lower Elementary curriculum.
- Our academic curriculum also aligns with Ohio state standards and frameworks—and goes above and beyond.
- Spanish language and integrated cultural studies, including history and geography, promote global awareness and 21st century skills.
- Free during-school classes include music and art.