Parents play a vital role in the ongoing success of MSD. It has been shown time and again that parent involvement in their child’s school is a decisive factor in the success of the children and the school. Parent participation in the classroom, on field trips, at community events and in fundraising is essential to the school’s well-being.
Each family is suggested to contribute 10 to 20 hours of parent participation work per year, with 5 of those being on fundraising activities.
School and Classroom Volunteering Opportunities
- Supporting in-class activities
- Driving on field trips
- Volunteering in the library
Volunteering at/Participating in Community Events
- Supporting the Brew HaHa or Whisk(e)y for Wisdom Tasting
- Organizing/spporting Teacher Appreciation Breakfast or Lunches
Fundraising Volunteering Opportunities
- Helping with the Brew HaHa or Silent Auction
- Serving as a Brew HaHa committee member
Volunteering is Easy
The Montessori School of Dayton believes that the best way to feel connected to the school community is by forming relationships. All MSD volunteer opportunities are friendship–building opportunities. We hope that you join us for some good work and good laughs—all in support of our school!